Bodies can flex, move, and change. In this challenge, your team will use your bodies to create different objects found in the world.
Join together in teams of 3-4 students for this activity. We recommend teams of boys and teams of girls.
- Two teams will come to the front of the classroom.
- The teacher will read one of the objects out loud.
- The teams will have up to two minutes to form that object.
Objects to form: (Teachers, feel free to add more)
No materials are needed for this challenge.
Here are some questions that you can ask your students after the activity.
- As we did more and more challenges, what kind of things changed?
- What were some of the favorite formations that you saw another team do?
- When are some times in life when you have needed to make a decision quickly?
This exercise touches on these learning concepts:
- Team Work – A good team is going to listen to one another and encourage ideas from every person.
- Speed – Sometimes in life, you need to make a decision quickly. This challenge encourages students to think fast and solve the problem in a limited amount of time.
This post is also available in: Kreyòl (Haitian Creole)