Create a funny story about a picture of a person that you find in a newspaper or magazine. Have some fun creating a completely imaginary story where anything can happen!
Join together in teams of 2-3 students for this activity.
- Your teacher will give your team a picture of a person (or several people) from a newspaper or magazine.
- Come up with a ridiculous story about what is happening in this picture. Your story can include details such as:
- Who are the people in the picture?
- How did they meet?
- What events lead them to this situation?
- What are they doing in this picture?
- What is the next thing that person is going to say?
- What will happen next?
- How does the story end?
- Share your story with the class.
Your team will be able to use the following items to complete this challenge.
- A picture of a person (or several people) from a newspaper or magazine.
- Paper and pencil
Here are some questions that you can ask your students after the activity.
- What were some of the different ideas you had about what is happening in this picture?
- How did your team decide which story idea to use?
- What was the funniest story that you heard?
This exercise touches on these learning concepts:
- Brainstorm – Listen
This post is also available in: Kreyòl (Haitian Creole)