The president has asked you for advice on ways to improve your community. Join together in teams of 4-5 students and come up with your recommendations!
- As a team, brainstorm a list of 25 different ideas to make your community more fun, safe, or healthy.
- As a team, agree on your 5 favorite ideas.
- Draw a picture of what your community looks like with these 5 new elements.
- Share your new community with the class.
The following items are recommended to complete this creative exercise:
Here are some questions that you can ask the kids after the exercise.
- What did you like about this activity?
- What was the hardest part about it for you?
- On your team, who was a good idea generator? Artist? Team leader? Presenter?
- What was the funniest idea that your team came up with?
This exercise touches on these learning concepts:
- Brainstorming – The kids should come up with lots of ideas. No ideas are wrong!
- Group Work – Every team member to contribute to the solution and to get their opinions heard.
- Art – Give the kids time to draw out their updated community.
- Geographic Awareness – Students think about the place where they live.
This post is also available in: Kreyòl (Haitian Creole)