Choose a creative exercise for your students. These activities can be done in any order.
- My Neighborhood – The president has asked you for advice on ways to improve your community. Teams will come up with recommendations and present them to the class.
- Repair the Bridge – A nearby bridge was washed away during heavy rains and the entire city is relying on your team to fix it! Your team must build a bridge over the span that can hold as much weight as possible.
- Changing Faces – Teams will create an original skit about a character who experiences an unexpected change. Each member of team will design a mask to represent their part in the story.
- What Color is the Sky? – There is often more than one answer to a question. In this activity, I am going to ask you five questions and challenge you to come with five different answers for each one.
- Your Personal Flag – Design a flag that represents your unique interests and the things that you love.
- Write the Rules – A beautiful new island has been discovered and your team has been selected to lead the government. Write some laws that will ensure that this is a great place for your family and friends to live.
- Paper Toss – How far can you throw a piece of paper? What can you do to change a piece of paper or your surroundings in order to have your paper travel further?
- 25 Ways – Choose any object in your classroom that can be touched and think of 25 different ways that this object can be used.
- Tag! – Your team will invent your own variation of the game tag. You can add or remove any rules as you see fit.
- Football – Decide on silly or serious new rules that you could add to the game of football. When finished, go outside to try out your new game.
- Tower and a Story – Teams will compete for points by building a paper tower and writing a story. However, there are three rounds in this challenge and the scoring will change in each round.
- Blind Communication – Teams of two will communicate without seeing one another to build a necklace from beads and string.
- Tell Me a Story – Create a funny story about a picture of a person that you find in a newspaper or magazine.
- What is the Question – Your team is given an answer and must come up with as many questions as possible that fit the answer.
- Human Objects – Bodies can flex, move, and change. In this challenge, your team will use your bodies to create different objects found in the world.
Are you interested in developing creative challenges and reviewing content for this website? Join our Content Review Team!
This post is also available in: Kreyòl (Haitian Creole)